Wednesday 28 March 2012

CCP now accepts entries to ANI37

I want to be a poet. And one way to do it, is to have my poems published.  Almost two years ago, I submitted my poems to the Cultural Center of the Philippines for their annual literary anthology - ANI 36. My poems didn't make it. It was not the first time I submitted my work to a competition or an anthology.  I remembered submitting my work to another anthology, an online literary folio and a literary workshop.  But none had ever stop me from writing. The ANI did.  Hehehe.  But this year, I started writing again.

Why am I saying this? Because of a renewed hope. CCP is once again opening its doors to contribution to ANI 37. CCP's Literary Arts Division is accepting poetry, short fiction and essays in Filipino, English and other Philippine languages (with translation in Filipino or English) tackling this year's topic "What is the character, personality or culture of the Filipino that needs to be cleansed or renewed for social transformation and growth?"


Works selected will be compiled in the 2012 edition of ANI 37 literary journal, with the theme "Cleansing and Renewal".

Submission must be typewritten or computer-encoded in Arial 12 point, double-spaced on short bond paper (8.5" X 11"), accompanied by sheet containing the author's five-sentence biographical note, contact, numbers, email address, and tax identification number (TIN) for payment purposes.

The contribution must be addressed to The Editor, ANI 37, CCP Literary Arts Division, and submitted as an MS Word attachment in rich text format (rtf) to anijournal@yahoo.com.

Deadline for submission is June 30, 2012.

For further information, contact Mr. Hermie Beltran, CCP Literary Arts Division at telephone number 832-11-25 local 1706 or 1707

Check out CCP's facebook page here.

Will try to scribble some poems and see if this year I will make it.  If not, there's always next year, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment